Thursday, March 4, 2010

Psalm 75: A Directed Prayer

As I was reading different psalms from Book 3 of the Psalms, I was noticing how many of the psalms are prayers. I also noticed how focused the prayers are to God. After almost 50 years of life, I still struggle with focus in my prayer life, so I thought this week that I would create a directed prayer based on Psalm 75. This video is an sample of the Keynote file. Sometimes active praying included my adding my own thoughts and other times, just sitting there and reflecting on what was said on the slide was more than an adequate prayer posture. Since prayer is communion with God, we don't have to talk all the time. I can remember how frustrating it was when our kids were younger and and talked "at us", with no opening for us to respond. Some of the best times are just sitting and being with each other–but being fully present all the while.

Those thoughts are part of what lies behind this piece.


No comments: